Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Lousy everything

I'm so glad the government demands every job within it require a security clearance, and I'm equally glad they seemingly have no priority in giving out said security clearances. I've had mine in the processing stage since February, and if a job requires it they won't even look at you without one.

So I'm temporarily screwed for government work, what about everywhere else? After looking through the most recent jobs that looked promising on Workopolis, I'm convinced that there isn't a person alive who can fill them. One had 10 requirements, each demanding at least 3 years experience with something. If I had 30 years of experience (in general) with things that are in demand I'd already have a job. I know that "80% of jobs aren't advertised", but dropping off resumes to look for those unadvertised jobs didn't work out so well either. Plus nobody I know knows anybody with any clout anywhere, so I can't really network.

I'm just going to open my own business. Screw working for somebody else. I have a million ideas, but I need some help getting them off the ground. Anybody want to form a partnership?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home