Monday, April 25, 2005

What to do?

Kev wants me to make the trip to Kingston to help him move, leaving Tuesday night and getting back Friday afternoon. Cheap ride there, cheap ride back, potentially free steak on Thursday, and he's already stated that he'll be paying for up to 90% of my beer consumption (luckily for him I've become a real lightweight). There's a lan party starting up Thursday afternoon and running all weekend, and I've already said 100% that I'd be there.

Sounds perfect right? Then why do I have this overwhelming sense of foreboding about the entire deal?

Seriously, I'm dreading even contemplating it. I have no idea why. I know the place isn't going to fall apart without me, and I know my brother can cook enough to stay alive (and I'm not much for cooking anyway), and I know that getting to the lan a bit late won't matter. Still, I'm filled with fear.

It's stupid. I know I'll have a good time, I know I'd like to get out of the house, I know I'd like to see whoever's still in Kingston one more time, and I know that I should be thrilled about the entire possibility.

But I'm not. I'm so conflicted.

2 Comments:

At 12:49 a.m., Blogger Kevin said...

you can do eet...

 
At 8:19 a.m., Blogger kgray said...

Had the chance to stop in Kingston this past weekend (albeit only for an hour). Do yourself a favour Scott -- go to Kingston. It's a paradise.

-- kg

 

Post a Comment

<< Home