Wednesday, July 27, 2005

A lesson in frustration

I finally got to the last mission in Guild Wars. I was in a good group that had done the previous mission nearly flawlessly, and a new addition was someone who had been through the mission a few times and knew what to do. He was an amazing player, knowing exactly what to pull towards us, how to not get too many at one time, and where we should stand to gain advantages in combat.

The mission was going awesomely until something in the game decided that everything should attack me and nobody else. When you die in Guild Wars you get a 15% reduction in your health and energy, to a maximum of 60%. That basically means that once you die, you die much more easily. I experienced that firsthand.

I was riding at 60% penalty just after the longest part of the mission, and then died several times fighting the 2nd last boss. After we dispatched him, there was just the last boss to deal with. He only killed me three times, but that didn't matter because the rest of the party got killed shortly after my 3rd time.

All told we spent roughly an hour and half on this mission, and then lost it in 2 minutes.

I'll get it next time. Hopefully.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home