Friday, July 15, 2005

One of those San Andreas moments

I just finished the mission in GTA San Andreas where you have to steal the 4 police bikes and park them on a moving car carrier (it's in Las Venturas, if you haven't done it yet). You have 12 minutes to do it, and each one you steal gives you 2 wanted stars. Definitely not a cakewalk.

I finished it on my first try with 10 seconds left on the clock. As I was driving the last bike up the ramp, the car behind the carrier moved up and clipped me slightly, which caused me to spin sideways and fall off the ramp.

Instant heart attack, because at that point I had 20 seconds left, and I was sure I was either going to fall off the bike or get pushed into the other lane and would lose. Fortunately neither of those happened. I stayed on the bike and the car stopped, which left me a nice easy drive to the ramp, and I finished with the aforementioned 10 seconds.

It's not fun repeating any mission, especially not a tough one where you battle the clock and the cops, and even more especially when you're right at the end. Words can't describe how relieved I was when I didn't fall off the bike.

Changing gears slightly, I've decided to learn how to draw. No real reason, I just feel like I should be doing something during the day rather than sitting on the internet and sending resume after resume, none of which ever get a result. I guess I could revamp my resume yet again, but I think there are only so many ways I can say the same thing before not getting answers drives me insane.

Writing has gotten a bit frustrating because of this persistant block I keep running into. As soon as I get rolling with an idea, the block comes down and cuts off the flow of words. It's very annoying, as you can probably tell. I'm sure I've talked about it here before, so I'm just repeating myself, and I really shouldn't do that. So, instead of whining about writer's block, I'm going to pick up a new medium. I can already draw a little bit, so with a bit of practice I should be able to get to a level where I can feel good showing my work to people. I hope.

Maybe I'll draw my San Andreas guy. I have him decked out in a leather jacket, matching cowboy boots, a cowboy hat, and aviators, so I'll at least start off by drawing something really cool. I've nicknamed him Renegade, and he makes his own rules when applicable. Not all the time, because he doesn't follow anyone's rules all the time, not even his own. That's how much of a renegade he is.

Renegade with an assault rifle is the coolest video game character you'll ever see. Too bad we have the Xbox version or I'd toss up a screenshot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home