Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Kevin's going to laugh at me

I just put in an application for a job installing machines in laundry facilities. It's a summer position, and they wanted moving experience. From the description it sounds like a narrower version of the moving business, one that only moves and hooks up washers and dryers.

Dryers are no problem, they're the lightest of all common household appliances, and they're generally pretty easy to set up. Washers used to be the bane of my existence. They're decpetively heavy (especially the front-loading type, which can be almost as heavy as a refrigerator), and disconnecting them is a painful mess (on account of the hoses, which will always be full of water no matter how long you let it drain for).

At least none of these will be the old type with the concrete base, and it's almost guaranteed we won't be carrying them into disgusting basements with narrow staircases. And because of that simple condition, I can declare that isn't a moving job.

There was another job listed doing web design, and I really want to apply for it, but I won't be considered for it. One of the requirements is to be returning to full-time studies at the end of the summer, and I haven't gotten an acceptance yet. I guess I could apply and tell them I'm still waiting, but I don't know if they'll accept that. Assuming the job hasn't been filled already, that is.

Isn't jobhunting great?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home