Tuesday, July 12, 2005

On headphones

I've noticed that when I listen to music on my speakers, I'm always aware of what's playing. If something I don't like comes on, I'll have the song changed in 2 seconds. Sometimes faster.

When I listen to music on my headphones, on the other hand, I'll sometimes be halfway through something I don't care for before I notice there's even music playing. I mean, I'll be aware of the sound, but I won't be listening to it. I'm sure entire songs get played that I don't really notice, and then all of a sudden I'll realize what I've been listening to.

Is it strange that I tune out something I took an extra step to listen to?

If you're wondering why I have music I don't like in my playlist, I just toss every song I have on one giant playlist and have Winamp play them randomly. It's easier than organizing them, and you never know when you'll feel like a certain song.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home