Sunday, July 10, 2005

Sleepless

I have to be up at 8, and I'm finding new reasons to avoid going to bed. I don't know why, so I told myself I'd write something here and then punch myself in the face until I fell asleep. The face punching to induce sleep is an experimental procedure, but I'm excited about its potential.

I'm going to my grandma's again tomorrow, and this will be the last time for a while. My mom flies back to Washington on Thursday, so this is the last time we'll have a chance to do anything with her until she leaves. Most likely another round of golf coming up, and I'll be sure to let you know about any new afflictions my swing acquires.

I bought Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow a while back, and I've managed to get over my Guild Wars and San Andreas fixations to start playing it. I saw my brother do a few parts of some missions, so that kind of ruined some of the suspense. still, I'm finding my own ways through things, and I already did one mission better than he did (the one where you infiltrate the submarine, if you're wondering) just by going a different way off the start. I'm also a little more trigger-happy than he is, and that causes almost as many problems as it solves. In addition, I tend to snipe moving targets, something that annoys him to no end. What can I say, I'm actually a better shot when I have to lead my target. Couple that with strategic uses of light switches (and the fact that guards are completely vulnerable when they're turning lights on), and you have a completely different play style, and therefore a different challenge in parts where I already know what's coming up.

It'll be a lot harder in the later missions where I haven't seen anything, but I'll be ready with my patented move, The Fist From The Darkness. It essentially involves punching a guard in the face as he rounds a dark corner. Devastating, and it has an awesome name.

Time to punch myself to sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home