Friday, July 08, 2005

Another job fair

There's a job fair at the Corel Centre today and tomorrow. I was planning on going, but I looked at the available positions and most of them were either retail or food service, both of which make me nervous because I'm not so good at dealing with strangers. There are others I'm at least partially interested in, so I still think it would be worthwhile.

I looked at the bus schedule, and there's no bus that runs directly to it when there's nothing going on. The best there is a rush hour-only express route that might not even stop nearby. Besides that fact, it starts running around 4 and stops around 6, so even if I did take it I'd have to hurry, and based on previous job fair experience there's almost no way I'd make it.

They showed some coverage of the fair on Sportsnet (it started yesterday), and within the first hour they had a huge number of people lined up. They said they're expecting over 3000 people to show up over the 3 days, and it's very unlikely that I'd be finished with it in time to catch the bus (which might not even stop nearby).

My options seem to be to get my brother to drive me after he gets home from work, or send my resume online. The online option is the most likely one, seeing how he's going to be tired and I'm sure driving to the far side of Kanata in rush hour traffic is the last thing he's going to want to do. I know it's the last thing I'd want to do.

So, I'm going to be submitting a resume online with 3 references to maybe get a job checking food chits or taking tickets in a place that might not even be working if they don't settle the hockey lockout.

Hardly seems worth it, does it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home