Sunday, June 26, 2005

I'm exhausted

Golf really took it out of me today. After shooting a respectable 50 on the front 9, I completely collapsed on the back and wound up shooting a 111.

The front 9 was awesome, I was making phenomenal shots with my wedge, I was driving almost decently, and all my fairway shots were at least decent. I punched it around trees, snuck through gaps in trees, and even my putting was good.

None of those things happened on the back 9, aside from my drives still being not too terrible. I lost a lot of balls, so that hurt, but aside from that my game just completely went to hell.

We were playing at Brockville Highland, which contains one of my most hated holes. The 13th is a hilly affair, the only hilly hole on the entire course. 505 yards of climbing a giant hill, descending a giant hill, and then climbing another, much steeper hill. You can't see where your ball lands if you shoot it from anywhere below the top of the hill, and there's a lot of area to cover in that case. It's completely out of place on that course, which is generally pretty flat (aside from some smaller hills). I think the grounds crew just got lazy when they were building the course and didn't want to bother levelling off the hill.

I improved over last time, and if I can recapture the magic of the front 9, I think I could really get better at this golf thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home