Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Storm of the week

As I write this there is a thunderstorm raging outside my window. Pouring rain, flickering lightning, deep rumbling thunder, the whole 9 yards.

I just went out to the living room, and the rain is making it tough to see details on the street. For the minute r two I was out there, I don't think the lightning stopped for more than 5 seconds, just constant electrical flicker. It looked like a constant transformer explosion, without the blackout those usually end in.

Even the thunder is good. It's deep and rumbly, loud but not too loud. Thunder that lets you know it's there, but that doesn't overpower you. So far there haven't been any thunderclaps, and that's fine by me. Those hurt my ears, while thunder like this is rather nice.

I'm hoping this storm will wipe out the humidity we've been stuck with for the past few days. I don't think I can take any more heat like that. I'm not a fan of heat to begin with, and when I get stuck in temperatures above 40 with the humidity, I just feel like dying. My computer chair has sweat stains that may never come out, and it was so bad today I actually had to wipe myself off in the middle of the afternoon.

But enough of my awful sweatiness. Kevin's looking at the radar, and apparently this storm stretches from Val d'Or to Watertown. That's an impressive distance, and an impressive storm to match.

Seems to be calming down now, sadly. No more thunder serenading me, no more lightning catching my attention as it flashes to the ground. The rain's still there, but rain is common enough to not get a vaguely poetic line dedicated to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home