Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Shooting myself in the foot

There was an interesting classified in Saturday's Citizen. A new wholesale company was looking for people in every department, and I thought I'd be good for that. I could work in the office or the warehouse, and I like wholesale.

I debated it for a while, and with some encouragement from my dad, I decided to call. I had to work up the confidence first, and eventually I called.

After 7 or 8 rings I got their voicemail. I wasn't planning on this, but it didn't throw me off too much. I left my name, phone number, told them I was calling about their ad, and then I decided to add a bit more because that seemed too short.

I think I was going to ask them to let me know what positions they still had available. I'm not sure, because as soon as I started I lost my train of thought. Complete cessation of brain activity. I don't even remember what derailed it or why, but I wound up leaving a good 20 seconds of silence on that message while I tried to remember what I was saying.

Finally, I blurted out something like "I don't know" and hung up.

So I went from decent message to total goddamn idiot in the span of 30 seconds. I'm going to kick myself for the rest of the day, because there's no way their going to even call me now.

I need to get a personal assistant who will punch me in the face every time I think I need to say more. It always bites me in the ass, and I'm sick of being my own worst enemy.

Dammit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home