Friday, May 27, 2005

Funky

I'm sitting at my computer with the lights off. The only sources of illumination in the room are my lava lamp and the monitors, with a bit coming in from the hallway. It's mostly dark, and things to my left are tinged green from the lamp.

I must say that a lava lamp is a lousy light source. Things look kinda cool though.

I just noticed that the colour of the ambient light changes a bit when things move in the lamp. That's so cool.

I got out to play my first round of golf of the season earlier today. I shot a 114, so I didn't do so well. Made some good shots, made some terrible shots, same old same old. The greens were absolutely terrible, so I can blame a few strokes on them. Not too many based on my usual inability to putt, but at least 6 or 7.

I'm still slicing the ball really badly. Sometimes I can fix it by concentrating during my swing, other times I can control it by thinking about something else during my swing, and sometimes it's just beyond hope. Although I'm a big fan of randomness, it would be nice to get some consistency once in a while.

One thing that was constant was the bugs. Bugs everywhere. It was like I was an all-you-can-eat bug buffet. I can't really tell if I got bitten, but I have some marks on my arms and hands that look suspiciously like bites.

I managed to go the entire round with no hat and no sunblock, and I didn't get too much of a sunburn. Hooray for low UV days and cloud cover!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home