Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Once more, my printer is busy

Barrel came by with another ink cartridge, so I'm printing him another batch of flyers. I'm using a different ink setting, so we should get a lot more flyers out of it this time. I'm keeping a running total so that in the future we'll know exactly how many flyers we can get for the cost of a cartridge and paper (should we ever need more paper).

Steve, Srol, and I went to a job fair yesterday. Or we tried to, anyway. It was being held in a small mall-like place downtown, and when we got there the line completely filled the area the fair was in, stretched the length of the mall, through the food court, and curved back on itself. From the back we couldn't see the front, and there were easily 400-500 people there. We waited for around half an hour and barely moved, so we decided it wasn't worth it and left.

I put in a resume at Steve's job, but I'm not expecting much from it seeing how it's a call centre and I'm no good with a phone. Still, it can't hurt. I hope.

Following that we got tickets for Star Wars, thereby confirming our nerd status, and got lunch at the mall near the theatre. The rest of the day was fairly uneventful. I walked to Subway and Duong stiffed me on stamps, but we were talking about Guild Wars and I guess both of us completely forgot. Or at least I did, I just noticed it now when I was clearing my desk off.

I didn't realize that he worked there until Srol told me yesterday, and I had no idea it was him when I met him at the last lan party. I've been going to that Subway since I moved to Ottawa, he's made me countless subs, and I just found out about this. Small world syndrome strikes again.

I worked a bit more on the RPG, and I'm solidifying the combat system now. I'm trying to make it complex enough to be interesting, but not so complex that it confuses everybody. There's a fine line being walked here, and I won't know which side I'm on until I work up the courage to show it to somebody.

I've got ideas for a comic strip bouncing around in my head, but I've been sidetracked with all sorts of stuff so I have no time to acquire drawing skills. I'll give it my old mantra: maybe someday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home