Sunday, May 15, 2005

Blinking away the weeks

I swear time is speeding up. It feels like last weekend was just yesterday, and I can't recall a single important thing I did this week. The routine is as follows: I get up and eat something, time passes, I cook dinner, more time passes, I go to bed. That's a full day that feels like 8 hours, tops.

I don't know if I'm just bored or if I'm depressed or what's going on.

I've also managed to stumble into a very adaptive writer's block. If I put my mind to writing something, I won't be able to do anything with it, but other things will start writing themselves in my head. My last entry was the result of that, and as soon as I had written down what I already had and tried to write more, it got blocked up. I was able to write something on the card though, so I guess it can be outsmarted.

Now that I'm thinking about writing, I haven't worked on my science fiction piece for over a month. Wow. I was mostly enthusiastic about that too.

In that time I started putting together some ideas for a role playing game, but there's nothing solid yet. I want to try to combine a card-based system with a traditional dice system, and I think I've figured out a good way to merge them. More details possibly when I get all the kinks worked out.

Finally, good news on the video card front. I got new Catalyst drivers and got rid of the Catalyst Control Centre, and now the colour settings keep themselves when I exit from games, and I don't need to change them to get the card to display them properly. Only issue I'm having is that it seems to load the profile on startup, but then remove it, so everything is really bright. If I open up the colour tab in the display properties it instantly corrects itself, so I don't know what's going on with that.

I'm starting a countdown to when I'm going to reinstall Windows. I need to do it, this system is getting slower all the time. I just don't want to because I have a lot of stuff I'll have to reinstall, and I'm not sure if I have the install disks for a lot of it. Plus I'll have to find and back up all my Trillian and Opera settings and licenses, and that's going to be a pain.

Regardless, change is on the horizon! Change to the same thing, anyway. I guess that would be renewal. Yes, renewal is on the horizon. Hooray.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home