Monday, May 16, 2005

Taking the unpopular route

Since basically all I do anymore is play Guild Wars, I'm going to talk about Guild Wars. So there.

We managed to walk to a place we weren't supposed to be at yet, storyline-wise, but it led to some very good armour. As a warrior, my armour choices are generally more limited then the ones available to other classes. However, at the new place we got to, I had my choice of 5 different armour types. I see people running around with the popular ones all the time, the wyvern armour which looks pretty cool but doesn't give as much protection, the gladiator armour which increases your energy, the Ascalon armour which takes several of the impossible to find fur crafting materials, and the soldier's armour, which looks like the stuff you can trade for in the wilderness and has a much higher resale value. All are common choices, even though they have similar attributes.

I went with the very unpopular chainmail armour. It has the exact same stats as the soldier's armour, and it was cheaper to make. It doesn't give the extra energy of the gadiator armour, but I generally don't have much need for extra energy. I manage my skills pretty well and always have enough for what I need to do.

Just how unpopular is the chainmail armour? I don't think I've ever seen another person wearing it. Maybe because it's not the nicest-looking armour in the world (but really all the warrior armour is kinda ugly, except for the really good ones late in the game and the wyvern armour), or maybe because it's not offered early in the game so nobody trusts it.

Regardless, I'm now wearing somewhat unique armour, and it didn't cost me very much to make it. All in all, I'm happy with my decision.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home