Monday, June 13, 2005

Cover letter, revisited

Yet another cover letter has me somewhat stymied. It's another job I'm seemingly perfectly suited for, so I want to make sure the letter is as perfect as I can make it. I wrote out a list of the requirements I matched (all of them except for 2 or 3 of the assets), and I'm following a cover letter style guide. It says 3 paragraphs, with all the info about how my experience matches the requirements in the 2nd, but that's going to make the paragraph really long. I'm trying to tie multiple requirements into a smaller list of experiences, so that's going to help.

My thesis alone covers at least 5, so that's huge. Couple that with 2 or 3 others that directly tie into my work experience (manual labour finally helps me out), and I'm sitting pretty.

Or so I would be, except I'm having trouble actually writing it. The first part went perfectly, but now I'm stuck trying to bring up the two points I just mentioned. I have to make a segue mid-paragraph, and that never works out nicely. If I tie the thesis into my regular school experience, I'll still have to segue into my work skills, and I have yet to figure out a good way to bring in my interpersonal and communication skills.

That last part might be a stretch based on my difficulty with the spoken word, but I'll figure it out.

On another note, I might change the tagline on this blog. The current one still makes me chuckle, but it feels like it's almost time for a change.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home