Saturday, June 25, 2005

I got better

My feet are feeling much better now. I guess the blisters weren't actually blisters, but were something completely different and I couldn't even begin to describe them. Good thing too, I'm playing golf tomorrow.

My mother made us a tee time at 1:16 in the afternoon. Right in the middle of the peak heat of the day, and it's going to be hot tomorrow. Add to that the fact I'm already sunburned (lousy sun), and that sunblock probably won't stay on too long because I'll be sweating. I'm going to be crispy by the end of tomorrow.

Changing topics slightly, we bought some packaged beef kabobs last week, and finally got around to making them tonight. They were awesome. Absolutely awesome. They're made by Maple Leaf, but I couldn't tell you what they're named without digging through the garbage. I'm not going to dig through the garbage. They have them in pork, chicken, and possibly turkey varieties too, but I can only vouch for the beef.

I've found I'm getting bored with the meals I make, but I have no incentive to get more creative in the kitchen. I used to be able to look at a cupboard full of stuff and pull a decent meal out of my ass (probably not the best expression to use here), but now I don't want to put that creative thought process to work. I think it might be because I cook for my brother too, and I don't want to feed him an experiment in case it goes horribly horribly wrong. I've never had one go too badly, but there's always the possibility of it, and I don't want my first one to be a shared experience.

I've noticed I've been posting roughly every other day, and I think I'm going to try to go daily. I usually think of something to say, but then forget, so from now on when the inclination hits me, I'm going to write it down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home