Thursday, October 11, 2007

Now that's annoying

I hate it when things I normally buy go on sale. As weird as that sounds, it's true. Not that I don't like saving money, mind you, but there's a very serious issue here.

When something's on sale, conventional wisdom says you will sell more of it. That's all well and good. However, the increased demand menas that those of us who can't get to the store before 5:30 get there too late to partake in the sale. Or to buy the item we wanted.

The vultures pick the shelf clean.

This week it was the bagels I usually buy. I like the cinnamon raisin ones, and judging by the gaping hole in the shelf, so do a lot of other people. Especially at 2 packages for $5. I had to buy sesame bagels instead. They're inferior in every possible way, except possibly at being covered with sesame seeds.

I can try imagining the sesame seeds are raisins, but it'll be a bit tough.

I also managed to buy light peanut butter by accident, so the trip to the grocery store was disappointing at every turn. If you're going to colour-code the jars so you know at a glance what kind of peanut butter you're getting, why wouldn't you have a different shade for the light stuff. Not every store stocks the jars with the labels at eye level (my store has them on the bottom shelf), so a lot of the time people are identifying the product solely by the lid.

Given that this store seemingly has a vendetta against anything made with peanut butter, I guess I should be glad I got any at all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home