Tuesday, November 06, 2007

The cake is a lie

Well sir, here I am again. I've had internet for 3 days now and I haven't even thought about making an entry on the ol' blog. For shame.

One big reason for that is the fact that I've been playing Portal, and loving every minute of it. I'm too tired (just had a round of Team Fortress 2 that left me completely drained, on top of it being quarter to 1) to explain or link to it, but a Goggle search should tell you everything you need to know.

However, I'll summarize. First-person puzzle game where you have a device that can open portals between any two surfaces, allowing you to walk through them to travel any distance with a single step. Put one side of the portal on a wall and the other on a ceiling, and you walk through and fall to the floor. Momentum is conserved, so you can put one side on a wall and the other at the bottom of a pit, jump in, and you go rocketing out of the wall.

It can be a bit of a brainbuster at times, especially when you up the ante and play the advanced puzzles. They're essentially just the last 6 rooms, but with a twist. Like the entire floor being removed, or the turrets being locked in cages so you can't knock them over (I love the turrets). It took me a long time to figure out how to get through the advanced turret level, but I finally realized what that giant pile of boxes could be used for. Hooray!

I've since earned the Vanilla Crazy Cake achievement for beating all siz advanced maps, and now I just have the challenges, to make a 300 foot jump, and to knock down all the security cameras before I've gotten every achievement. Woohoo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home