Friday, December 31, 2004

Economics and geography are bitches

Trip planning is tough when:

  • The person you're planning the trip with is in another city

  • Neither of you has a car

  • Neither of you can really afford to rent a car for an extended period of time

  • All the car rental places in town require renters to be at least 25, and you aren't



And thus I have no plans for New Year's Eve.

If you were wondering, Greg and I had an idea to spend New Years in Kingston. The idea was I'd rent a car here in Ottawa, pick him up in Markham, drive to Kingston. Sometime after the hangovers, we'd come up to Ottawa and race each other along the Rideau Canal, and then I'd drive him back to Markham, and return to Ottawa.

Looking back it's not a very good plan. So much driving for very little purpose. Oh well, it was an idea, and it's still better than my plans now.

Lately I've been going into m,y kitchen a different way that normal. There's a door off the hallway and one off the dinign room, and I normally go in the hallway door. Lately I've been going through the dining room door, and I have no clue why. Even as I'm doing it I wonder why I didn't use the other door. It's a bit like this, in that even if I try to not do it, I still do it.

And with that I'm craving pancakes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home