Tuesday, December 14, 2004

I have a mouse

My brother gave me a mouse he got in a box of computer parts at work. It's a monstrosity: 3 buttons on the top, a wheel, and a button on the side. It's the ugliest thing I've ever seen, and the wheel feels completely wrong (it rolls continuously, not in increments like modern wheels).

I plugged it in, and it works, for the most part. The three buttons on top work, but the wheel and side button don't. I figure it's because it's using the Windows standard mouse driver, which only allows for 3 buttons. I've been looking for a driver for this beast for a while now, and none seem to exist.

It's a Mouse Systems Scroll Mouse (combo). MSC part number 404252-001, FCC ID FSUGMZFA.

Mouse Systems appears to have gone out of business in 1987, which could explain why I'm having so much trouble finding drivers for this thing. I've found drivers for a few other Mouse Systems products, so I have hope.

Any ideas on other places to look? Got the driver I need? Want to laugh at me for searching for drivers for hardware that's nearly 20 years old? Go right ahead and tell me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home