Thursday, December 02, 2004

Showtime!

Tomorrow Steve and I are sending out resumes to every IT company in Kanata. I spent most of today redoing my resume and trying to write a cover letter. As of 2:00 AM, the resume was probably as good as it was going to get, and the cover letter still needs some work. I ahve a good middle, but my salutation and opening paragraph are still kind of lousy.

Regardless, tomorrow is the day. I'm getting up early to finish the letter, then printing, then delivering.

I know every site on the internet says to tailor the cover letter to the job, but I'm not applying for a specific job, and there's no way I'm going to be able to learn the name of every human resources director in this city to have a custom cover letter for each of them.

Just a quick update on my stuff, I'll tell you how it went after I get back tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home