Friday, November 05, 2004

Big plans

It's official. I have more ideas than I know what to do with.

I've long had some ideas for useful devices (which I won't detail here in case someone steals them)(yeah right, nobody reads this crap), and an idea for a kickass reality TV show, and now I have ideas for a book, and maybe a comic book (if I can write a decent script and find an artist).

When did I become a wannabe writer? I haven't written anything since high school (although I was good at it), and every paper or essay I wrote in university was awful. Maybe I just need to start writing fiction again. It's not like I'm busy during the day...

I've been reading a lot of webcomics lately (I picked up 3 new ones in the past 2 weeks, reading a grand total of 9 years of archives (yikes)). I also registered on the Keenspot forums, heralding my triumphant return to the world of message boards. Now to get over my fear of writing something stupid and getting ostracized for it.

I got my hair cut the other day, and on the walk back to my apartment, I realized that I'm lonlier now than I've ever been. I talk to people online, but the only person I ever actually speak to is my brother. I've become a hermit by accident.

I'm thinking of putting in a resume at the RCMP, but to do that I'll have to take the bus out to Orleans, and I'm not a big fan of Orleans. My orthodontist is there, and that's unpleasant. But the real reason I'm reluctant to go is still the hermit thing. I don't want to talk to people, but I want to get out into the world. Maybe there's a way to become a mute without doing any other damage. Or maybe I can just be "Quiet Guy" who everybody wonders about when I'm not around. Either way, not very pleasant options.

Going to a LAN party tomorrow. I initially wasn't going to participate, but rather go just to see my friends. Through some tricky questioning the host got my signed up and assigned a seat, so I guess now I have to follow through with it. Apparently there are going to be more people just there hanging out than playing, so now I'm a little nervous about it. I just wanted to see my friends, not hang out with scores of people I don't know. But I have to look on the bright side. Maybe I'll make some new friends, and get my life back. Who knows?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home