Sunday, October 17, 2004

I am one to emulate

I downloaded a couple SNES games tonight. I got Mortal Kombat, Yoshi's Island, and Secret of Mana. Haven't gotten to Secret of Mana yet, but I played the others a bunch.

I just downloaded Mortal Kombat to see if the turbo on the emulator would make the Test Your Might mini games easier. And the answer is yes, infinitely. Take that giant block of diamond!

I also figured out that if both players use Johnny Cage, you can't do the move where you punch the guy in the nuts. Logical conclusion: Johnny Cage is a pussy.

I was really happy to get Yoshi's Island, because I remember renting it way back in the day. I liked it, but it was too messed up for me to get into. Now I'm a lot older and a little wiser, and, to infringe on a copyright, I'm loving it. It's exactly as messed up as I remember (the first boss is a giant guy that you spit eggs at to knock his pants off) but I can appreciate it for the pure absurdity of it all.

How can you not love a game where one of the bosses is a ghost in a flower pot that you just need to push down a hole? Or one where you can freeze bad guys by eating a frozen watermelon and then blowing on them?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home