Friday, January 14, 2005

Poker? I barely know her.

I'd write up a long, detailed history of everything that happened in Kingston last week, but really not much happened that was noteworthy. Drinking, poker, more drinking, and no good stories. As a result, I'm going to talk about poker.

I managed to win $45 playing poker, stretched over 2 nights. It would have been a lot more, but I decided to call Jay when he went all in, and all I had was a pair of jacks with an ace kicker. He had 2 pair, and I didn't get the ace I needed on the river. I still won $20 that night, so it worked out for the best.

The first night Greg managed to get knocked out on the first hand he bought in for. We were betting, and I wound up with a full house on the turn. Naturally I'm betting a good amount (we were playing $5 buy in, largest chip was a dollar) and he decides that I'm bluffing, so he goes all in. He bought in again after the initial shock and embarassment wore off, and he did much better the second time.

The second night, while I was riding high, I called a guy's bluff. I had 3 of a kind, and he had nothing. I made a strong bid, which he then called and raised by 5 bucks. I'm not normally one to rush into risky situations, but I just knew he was either bluffing, or maybe had 2 pair. Either way, I wanted his chips. I called, and on the turn he bet 10 bucks, after after I called it he went all in (which was only another 2 bucks or something).

I'm pretty sure that winning that hand was the only reason I went after Jay later in the game. I got cocky and stupid.

But the game is over now, I'm back in Ottawa, and I have nobody to play poker with here, so you'll likely never hear about it in this blog again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home