Friday, April 15, 2005

Steve went out first, as always

Played poker last night, as we tend to do on Thursdays after midnight. The game went a lot longer than usual, and we didn't finish until after 5. In the morning. We played for 5 hours, with a starting table of 5 guys.

Steve actually went out third, but I felt the need to bug him. I put him all in, but I forget what I had. A straight maybe? There were lots of straights floating around, and I really only remember one specific hand, the one I won the game with.

It was Cid and I in the final, and it seemed as soon as we went heads-up I couldn't get bad cards. I think I got dealt suited cards more in the hour we played heads-up than I did the entire rest of the game. They didn't help much seeing how the table cards refused to follow suit, but Cid and I chipped away at each other. He bluffed me a lot, I bluffed him a lot, it went back and forth.

Finally, last hand came. I was dealt a queen and jack, and the flop was a queen and two 5s. We bet, and I went all in on the turn. Turns out Cid had a queen as well, but he had a 4 kicker.

I like winning with the kicker. It's aptly named, because it's a kick in the pants.

It was actually kind of relaxing playing without Mat there. The blinds didn't get arbitrarily raised, and there was much less yelling than normal. Only problem was, well, it took 5 hours.

The plan for today is dinner at the buffet, then Sin City, then more poker with everybody who wants to play. Can I repeat as winner? Only time will tell.

I downloaded a bunch of songs by the Dropkick Murphys. I'd almost forgotten how awesome these guys are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home