Monday, April 11, 2005

A tour de force

Check out my guest spot of Kevin G's blog, where I bring balance to the Force. Or at least make myself look like an enormous long-winded nerd. Either case is acceptable.

In other news of ultimate excitement, I got a 5 pack of mechanical pencils. My old one had been broken ever since I lent it to Greg in 3rd year, and I finally got sick of having to screw the top back on every 3 seconds. I wanted to get 1 good pencil, but the 5 pack was the right price. I'm not expecting perfection, just something that writes and doesn't fall apart on me.

Staples doesn't seem to sell single 0.7 pencils anyway. I need a 0.7, because if I use a 0.5 I'll just break the lead every time I put the slightest pressure on it. I've tried to use them, I just can't. Curse this horrendously muscular body of mine!

I've been struck by the sudden urge to draw, and that really came out of nowhere. I was in Staples waiting for Barrel to get his business cards (which turned out amazingly, by the way), and I thought "I feel like drawing". Getting the pencils was just a happy coincedence.

As for the cards, we decided to go with the first idea we had, which was a watery background and black font, with different parts coloured for emphasis. I was concerned about the text being too small, but it turned out top-notch. My compliments to Staples for an excellent print job.

The day concluded with lunch at A&W and Barrel's power steering pump breaking itself, and I have laundry in the washer now. I think things peaked with lunch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home