Tuesday, April 05, 2005

RWEv4

You know it, I know it, it's Random Wiki Extravaganza volume 4! The weekly blog feature where I find random pages on Wikipedia.

Are you as excited as I am? Too late, here we go!

Nishaya is one of Asimov's planets in the Foundation series, known for its goat herds and excellent cheese.

Samuel Fessenden was an American Abolitionist, lawmaker, militiaman, and early Republican.

Lebensraum was was used as justification for the Nazi practice of occupying other countries. It means "living space", and basically says that Germany is too small for the Germans because people expand to fill any available space. Population-wise, not individually.

The Border Intercollegiate Athletic Association was an NCAA affiliate that disbanded in 1962, after 30 years of representing schools from states along the Mexican border.

K. H. Scheer started to write the Perry Rhodan novels in 1961. I'm not sure what that means, but that's the entire wiki right there in one sentence.

That last one barely counts, let's get another one.

The Volvo V70 was introduced in 1998, and I want one. I don't care if it's a full-size station wagon, I like Volvos.

And there it is, 6 amazing topics that you might not have known about before tonight! Tune in next week when I do it all again.

Previous editions:
Volume 1
Volume 2
Volume 3

If you pay attention to the titles, I don't keep them very consistent, do I? That will change, and from now on all Random Wiki Extravaganzae will be titled "RWEvX" where X is the volume number. How clever!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home