Monday, March 21, 2005

Random Wiki Extravaganza, volume 2

It's very late on Monday night, which means it's time for Random Wiki Extravaganza! Again, all courtesy of Wikipedia. See, the name got better from last week. Let's begin!

Green Bay refers to 5 different places, and not all of them in Wisconsin.

Birkby rests in England's idyllic Grimescar Valley. With a name like that, you know it's nice.

The Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra recorded 71 works of underground Japanese ska. My mind is officially blown.

Dick Clark was born in Paris and was a US senator from 1973 to 1979. Not the Dick Clark you're thinking of.

The Leech lattice is a mathematical concept so confusing it made me curl up in the corner and cry. Seriously, it's symmetrical in 24 dimensions. Each element has 196,560 neighbours, none of which overlap.

That last one has destroyed my feeble little mind, so before I lose control of the part of my brain that handles the act of typing real words, I'll bid you good night.

Tune in again next week for 5 more completely random tidbits of knowledge!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home