Sunday, March 13, 2005

Bad news, everyone

My head is still stuffed with sponges. It sucks.

We tried to go skating on the Canal yesterday, but the ice was awful. The NCC webpage said it was in "fair" condition, which is why we went. The only thing fair about it was that it was fairly terrible. I guess mid-March is a bad time for outdoor skating, but it's been cold every night, so there's no excuse for crappy ice.

To clarify, by "terrible" I mean our skate blades were digging in. My brother said it was like skating through a snowbank, a description I agree wholeheartedly with. In some places it was easier to walk than try to skate.

Also yesterday, there were some hijinks at the grocery store. Recently they changed the in-store pizza, which we used to always get for dinner on Saturday nights. It used to be we'd get the jumbo pizza, all dressed, and we'd have some left over for Sunday. It was decent pizza too, full of flavour and with generally good toppings.

Three weeks ago they changed the pizza completely. It's a different brand, different sizes (small round or large square, instead of a small or large round). We opted not to get one that week. Last weekend when I was in Kingston, Chris tried one, and he's sworn to never eat a Loblaws pizza again. Apparently they're completely tasteless, and once you put on enough stuff to make a difference in the taste, it's inedible.

As a compromise, I decided to get a Delissio pizza yesterday because they were on sale. All the deluxe ones had been picked off by vultures, leaving a lot of cheese and Hawaiian ones, as well as a hundred million pepperoni. Pepperoni isn't a bad pizza, but it's boring. Cheese is useless, and Hawaiian is gross (fruit has no place on a pizza). Luckily I noticed some spicy chicken ones farther down the row.

Spicy chicken saved my dinner from being bland, and for that I salute it.

In other news, I'm still filled with doubt and uncertainty about the future, but you don't want to hear about that any more than I want to write about it.

1 Comments:

At 7:11 p.m., Blogger Kevin said...

well then, self doubt is a running theme. At least you have a degree - I don't even know if I'll be getting one!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home