Monday, March 07, 2005

I don't normally do this

I saw a test linked on Margot's blog, and I decided to take it. I don't do a lot of online tests, but this one jumped out at me because it was a test of commonly misused words. One of my pet peeves is when people use words incorrectly, so I had to take it.

My results:

English Genius
You scored 93% Beginner, 93% Intermediate, 93% Advanced, and 83% Expert!
You did so extremely well, even I can't find a word to describe your excellence! You have the uncommon intelligence necessary to understand things that most people don't. You have an extensive vocabulary, and you're not afraid to use it properly! Way to go!

Also,

My test tracked 4 variables. How you compared to other people your age and gender:

You scored higher than 99% on Beginner
You scored higher than 99% on Intermediate
You scored higher than 99% on Advanced
You scored higher than 99% on Expert

I think that those results mean I got one wrong in each of the first three sections, and 2 wrong in the last one. Still, I feel pretty good about my grasp of this wacky language.

If you want to take the test yourself, click here: The Commonly Confused Words Test

I know that I'm opening myself up to comments describing how many words I misused in this post, but I'm prepared for that.

If anybody posts a better score here, I'll buy them a beer sometime.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home