Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Greeting cards

My grandmother's 85th birthday is coming up, so today I got her a birthday card. Did you know they don't make 85th birthday cards? They have cards for every x5 birthday except it. 45, 55, 65, 75, but no 85. It jumps from 80 to 90.

So I was reduced to looking through the other cards. All the grandmother-specific ones seemed to be designed to reassure someone that they were still loved despite the fact they were going to die soon, and I don't know who wants to get a card like that. Or give a card like that. Reading them was really depressing.

Eventually I found a decent one that was funny and had space to write a note, so I can't condemn the entire greeting card industry in one fell swoop. It'll take a couple passes to do that.

I had to get a thank you card too, but they weren't nearly as bad. Still pretty bad, but not nearly as bad. At least none of them were depressing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home