Tuesday, March 01, 2005

But he keeps vomiting

Sometime over the past little while I started to enjoy King of the Hill. I have no explanation, but suddenly it's funny to me. Like a bolt out of the blue.

It helps that just about anything becomes funny if you say it like Hank Hill, especially things that are funny on their own. Such as the line quoted in the title of this post, which was about a cat.

From the time it premiered to a few months ago, I thought of it as one of those shows that has its moments but wasn't good enough to bother watching all the time. Recently, I've been making sure to watch it before Jeopardy.

I've been thinking about this whole blog thing. I write, nobody comments, and nobody mentions it to me. I put the address in my msn name for 2 days, and at least 1 person reads it and starts their own blog (Kevin G). He sends out an email about starting his up, and he gets comments on every one of his posts.

Logically I should tell people that I'm writing this so I can get more readership. At the same time, I almost don't want more readers, because that would make me feel like I have to please them with every post.

My philosophy all along has been that if I write it and mention it to people who seem interested, people will eventually start reading. I think I'm going to stick to my phiosophy, even though it may never pan out.

So in this post I resolved nothing and talked about a TV show. I think I'm striking a fine line between originality and being a hack.

Also, Kevin has still failed to produce a picture of a coconut.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home