Friday, March 18, 2005

Dawn of a new age... of Java

I finally managed to find an Integrated Development Environment that I like. It's Eclipse, and so far I really like it. The main advantage it has over most others I've used is that it compiles and runs projects with multiple classes, and it actually runs them properly.

I don't know if my inability to do that with others was my fault, or a setting I didn't make, but it doesn't matter. Eclipse did it all out of the box, which is something I haven't seen since Jbuilder 2.

I didn't have time to write anything neat yet, but I did get my input class working. I'll never have to set up a keyboard reader again :D

I think I might get the C++ compiler plugin, but I'm not sure. I've heard some things about C++ in Eclipse, and apparently Visual Studio is better for it. I can't install Visual Studio right now, and I have no real motivation to get better with C++ (yet) so I'll do my standard method of not doing anything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home