Monday, March 14, 2005

1913 was a slow year in archaeology

It's true. No major finds, no important people born, just the death of John Lubbock.

How do I know this? From reading Wikipedia, of course! I was bringing up random pages to see what I could find, and for some reason that one stood out.

So I got an idea. A weekly feature, which I call Scotty gets bored and finds random wikis! The name might get better.

So let's begin!

Rana Waitai is a New Zealand politician with a name I'm not sure I can pronounce.

The rubidium standard is significantly worse than the gold standard.

Skazi is an Israeli trance band. I can't make a joke about that.

Airborne Early Warning is the first useful thing I've found since deciding to do this feature.

The Academy of Economics in Bialystok is apparently the place to study economics in Poland. Or I assume it is.

I hope you enjoyed this look into the fascinating world of wikipedia. Five random topics that I'm willing to bet you had no idea about before. If you learned something trivial, my work here is done.

Thank you, and see you next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home