Monday, September 12, 2005

Twice in one day

I missed two buses within 10 minutes of each other earlier today. I meant to take the 86 to school, but it came as I was getting off the elevator. I could see it stopped down by Baseline, so I just barely missed it. I quickly decided to take the 118 since it goes to the same place, and I set off for Baseline.

The bus got there just as I was rounding the corner, so I started running to the stop. In a scene right out of Friday, it pulled away as I got close to the door. I stood there staring at the back of the bus in disbelief, idly wondering why Ottawa bus drivers hate me.

Some guy saw the whole thing and pulled over to offer me a ride to the next stop, but I decided I'd just take the next 86. I thanked him, but it didn't occur to me until later how uncommon a gesture that was. Heartfelt gratitude for you, sir, though you may never read this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home