Friday, January 06, 2006

Very clever, Microsoft

My Xbox Live account renews on Tuesday. I've used it twice, maybe, since I paid for it, so it's a giant waste of money to me. Thus, I tried to cancel it. Not the word "tried" there.

I got signed in, had my account info loaded up, and hit the Subscriptions tab. I assume that's where one would go to cancel a subscription, since that option isn't anywhere else. Anyway, the screen changes, and the subscription thing loads up in the background, and then a message pops up.

This service is unavailble due to technical difficulties. Try again later.

By taking away my option to cancel the account, they guarantee I'll purchase another one, because it automatically renews it if you get past a certain date. Sneaky, devious, and evil. Lousy Microsoft.

Joke's on them though, they have expired credit card info for me, so they hopefully won't be able to automatically charge me if their mysterious technical difficulties that only affect one specific part of the service don't clear themselves up.

I figure they'll have that fixed for me on wednesday, and that $100 for a year of Live isn't refundable. Probably.

2 Comments:

At 8:31 a.m., Blogger kgray said...

Sorry to say Scott, if you are set up for a prepaid service, a company can still bill a cancelled/expired credit card :)

Best of luck,
kg

 
At 3:43 p.m., Blogger Scotty said...

Prepaid service is stupid. I'm going to tell the bank that I didn't authorize it, and get all of Microsoft arrested for fraud.

That'll show 'em!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home