Friday, December 23, 2005

A Festivus miracle!

Happy Festivus to everyone. I don't know if I'll get around the the Airing of grievances or not, because I'm in a pretty good mood. Complaining about you all might ruin it, so I'll keep it to myself unless something later annoys me.

I'm currently waiting for my brother to get home so we can go pick up my Christmas present. I'm getting a bunch of stuff to upgrade my computer. No longer shall it be the lumbering dinosaur of the lan party! Imagine, being able to play all the same games as everybody else. Mindblowing.

I'm not jumping up to the top of the line stuff, but it's stilla hell of a lot better than what I have now. Money was an issue, so I looked for the best bang for the buck, and came up with a 2 GHz AMD processor that can emulate some 64-bit instructions. It's the Sempron 3400, if I remember correctly, and performance-wise it's equivalent to the Athlon 64 3200. It just costs roughly half the price :)

Add a gig of DDR memory and a motherboard that supports 8x AGP, and I'll finally have a system that can use my video card to its full potential. My joy is bubbling over. Seriously.

Now I need to get ahold of some games...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home