Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Deep breath

Turbulent waters. Waves roll and crash, surf spraying off them. Rough black seas rage against an indifferent night.

A hint of motion under the surface. A hand breaches the water, clutching for something to hold on to, clinging to one last hope.

It finds a grip.

-----

I'm not sure what kind of style that is, but it's official, I'm finished with assignments for this semester. I realize the blog had begun to turn into the "Scotty complains about how much work he has to do" blog, but now I have no work to do. Just a test tomorrow and an exam on Monday, and then I'm free until January 2.

I know, the semester starts on quite possibly the worst day possible. I guess Algonquin doesn't allow for 2-day hangovers. I have no idea if I'll be drinking for the new year or not, but it would be nice to welcome 2006 with some friends and stout ales. Or whatever's available.

So, Twilight Imperium tomorrow. I've gone a few games without getting anywhere close to winning, and I'm going to have to remedy that. I keep getting stuck with war races, and they don't suit my play style at all. I'm not aggressive enough to keep attacking people; I need a slower pace where I can build up my influence and make a few partnerships.

Sure it's slower than other people might like, but everybody always seems to be afraid of me for some reason.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home