Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Title goes here

I went back to school today. Nothing much happened, we just talked about what we'd be doing in some classes and then got to go home early because our second class is being covered in Thursday's class. Or something. I didn't pay much attention to the reason, I just wanted to go home.

Even though it was an easy day, I still managed to be late for it. When class is at 11, getting up at quarter past 10 isn't a good way of being on time. I'm afraid for tomorrow, because my class starts at 9. I haven't had to be anywhere that early in months, and I'm usually just getting up then if I have to be somewhere. I did some math, and I have to get up around 7 in order to be on the bus in time to get the class on time.

I can't remember the last time I saw 7 in the morning , without being up for every hour ahead of it. Seriously, they couldn't find a better time for this class?

Bah.

Anyway, Greg and I have started playing rise of Nations again. We had one game but didn't count on our skills deteriorating quite as much as they did, and the computers mopped us up. It didn't help that I forgot to disable nukes, and the computer will nuke you to armageddon and make everyone lose, and I have no idea why. Your only hop is to get yourself to full research and invest in missle shield as quickly as possible, and maybe you'll avoid the nuke parade.

Anyway, we're going to try again soon, and hopefully I'll be able to report a rousing triumph, with parades in the streets of my hilariously-named capital. I always try to give my cities names that are clever puns involving the nation I'm playing. Some are more successful than others, obviously.

Last game I was the Turks. After renaming my capital from Istanbul to Not Constantinople, I named one of my later cities Marty Turk-o. See, clever pun, and it killed. Killed! None of my other names were as good, but I managed to build a city between 3 mountains and called it Red Hill mining Town, after the U2 song, and I made a city surrounded by forts and military buildings and called in Fort Sensible, a subtle simpsons reference if you didn't get it. They weren't Turk-related, but my punner was running at half capacity.

Hopefully next time will be better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home