Friday, January 28, 2005

The smoke clears

And in the end, DOS had saved the day, as it had so many times before. The vicious spectre of Linux had been wiped from the lands of Partition, and all were free to boot in peace.

Turns out that all my fiddling with the Windows 2000 setup's partition software, and the fixmbr and fixboot commands in the recover console was useless, and all I had to do was fire up my old DOS boot disk and run Fdisk.

You'd think that the newer versions of these things would work better than the old ones, but I guess that way of thinking is why I don't have a software job.

Anyway, my brother seems to have reclaimed his laptop. I don't miss it, seeing how I didn't use it for 3 months and just spent most of a day fighting with it.

The laptop saga is over. The status quo has been preserved. My life has become a sitcom. Just without the comedy part.

1 Comments:

At 10:40 p.m., Blogger Scotty said...

4 posts in 1 day, wow. And all together they're probably still shorter than most of my regular posts.

And I'm spent.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home