Wednesday, January 26, 2005

The horror

I just cleaned out the vegetable crisper. I don't know what it is, but we buy vegetables and then don't use them. Out of sight, out of mind I guess. Until you open the crisper next time and there's a deflated cucumber sitting in a puddle of its own liquified insides.

And that wasn't the worst part of it. Bag after bag of drippy, mishapen vegetables. Luckily all the new stuff we bought was in the other crisper, because I threw out some veggies that still looked decent, but no doubt weren't.

My going to bed before 2 am plan is working, somewhat. Last night I was in bed around 2, and woke up at quarter to 10, after only hitting snooze twice. Much better than my old routine, where I'd go to bed at 4:30 and get up at 11, after hitting snooze from 9:20. Hooray for positive change!

Last night I finished the Mega Man X series on the emulator. Well, it was X3 anyway. I don't know if they made an X4 or not.

The ending was a bit of a letdown. After fighting Sigma through 3 games, he gets defeated by an antivirus program. And you don't even get to do it, that twerp Zero beams in and antiviruses him in the back. I just ruined Mega Man X3 for you, and I'm glad.

The entire game is frustrating too. It has ridiculously overpowered level enemies. There are wall climbing enemies with 3 different attacks, which can hit you no matter where you are. Not to mention the fact that the offscreen enemy respawn is a bit too enthusiastic. I lost track of the number of times I'd jump to kill an enemy over a raised section of floor, and when jumping onto said floor, the enemy would be back. Very annoying

That said, the chip system makes it a bit worthwhile. In addition to the regular upgrades (air dash, super X buster, better armour, helmet radar) you can get one of 4 chips that upgrade part of you even more. One lets you dash in the air twice, one gives you even better armour, one gives you a whole new weapon, and the last refills your life when you stand still. The game's set up so you can only get one, except if you get none of them and then find the secret capsule in one of the boss levels, which gives you all 4 chips and makes you turn gold. It's worth it.

That's entirely too much space dedicated to Mega Man X3.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home