Wednesday, August 24, 2005

The wheels are turning

Today I dropped off my transcript at Algonquin. The entire process took about 10 minutes, and although it looked like it would be a bureaucratic nightmare, their system actually works quite nicely.

The outside of the registrar's office has a bunch of windows where you go to tell them what you need. The person in the window punches up your information, and if you need to see someone inside they give you a ticket and send you around to the side door. Once there, someone calls the number on your ticket and leads you into the depths of the office.

I was only in there long enough to explain my problem and give them my transcript, but it looked like an all-out flurry of activity was taking place. Yet, nobody seemed to be in a rush. I suspect all registrar's offices exist in an alternate plane of reality, but the time dilation factor in this one wasn't quite as bad as at Queen's. I swear I once came out of that office earlier than I went in.

On my way back I deposited a cheque, so I have a bit of money to work with now. I wanted to get a haircut, but there was going to be a half hour (at least) wait, so I'll do that tomorrow I guess.

So yes, stuff happening. The fix is in and the noodles are boiling in the pot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home