Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Thunder

There's a storm raging just outside my window. Thunder and lightning and rain, with clouds so thick it's prematurely dark. The rain direction is pretty erratic right now, so sometimes it's hitting the windows and sometimes it's not. I closed them most of the way to compromise. It won't keep all the water out if the wind shifts, but it won't make the place unbearably hot and stuffy either.

Whatever just happened out there, there was a series of 3 or 4 thunder rolls that went on for almost half a minute. And the view outside just got completely obscured by mist and rain. And just as I looked there was a thunderclap seemingly right outside the window. My ears are ringing a little.

I can still see the building beside mine and the ground, so it's not a horrible storm yet. Everything past the building is a wash, so it's close to being one of those storms that makes you feel like nothing else exists. I love those types.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home