Tuesday, October 18, 2005

All-nighter the first

This entry is coming to you from room T-232 on Algonquin College campus, Ottawa, Ontario. I'm amazed I was able to remember my Blogger user name and password because I've been automatically logging in at home for over a year.

Good thing I realized how far behind I was on this HTML assignment. I've been here in the lab since 11:30 or so, and I'm now roughly half finished. I have until 6 pm to get it down, but I'm on a bit of a roll so I may as well press on.

If I had left it until class time, like I had orignally planned, I would have been royally screwed. I'm fighting with my tendency to make paragraphs while still keeping the document interesting and readable, and it's really an uphill struggle.

I just needed a caffeine boost, and rather than walk to Tim Hortons I decided to just grab a cup from the vending machine.

Friends don't let friends drink vending machine coffee.

I'm feeling a bit ill, and I guess the cookies I ate with the coffee didn't help too much. I know I'd be feeling fine if I'd just walked to Timmy's, but I have to live with my mistakes.

I made a new random CD, and entitled it Music to Distract Idiots. I like the title, and it's doing its job. The music gives me something besides the writing to concentrate on, and that bit of distraction is enough to let me not be too much of a perfectionist. I need to learn when to accept what I have and move on. I'm getting better at it, so I guess that's good.

I just realized something. This could be the first sunrise I've seen in a computer lab in a year and a half. I can't say I've missed it too much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home