Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Can't depend on anybody these days

I have an application in with the government for a security clearance, and they need to get my fingerprints. The employment agency who put in the application for me is handling it, and I just needed to make an appointment with them to get it done. I called on Monday and my contact wasn't in, so the receptionist said she'd tell her to call me on Tuesday to set up an appointment. Okay, no problem.

Here it is almost noon on Wednesday and she hasn't called. I figure if she hasn't called by 2, I'm going to call her. No sense delaying what I need to get done just because I'm afraid of the telephone.

After reading through Matt's blog I found out that a whole bunch of my friends are bloggers. I'll probably eventually get around to finding and linking all of them, but their lives are much more interesting than mine. Pity pity angst angst, I know, I'll be quiet.

I've written most of a short story, but I have no idea how to end it. I know what the end result of it will be, but I have no idea how to get there. The sci-fi has been shortened from an attempt at a book to a short story for practical reasons. I kinda like the universe, so I can set any number of stories into it. Maybe become prolific and get fat and rich off royalties. Buy a solid gold house and a rocket car, yeah, that's the ticket.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home