Thursday, August 25, 2005

Haircut

I got my hair cut after my speech therapy appointment, and I'm not so sure I like the new style. It's decent, but something just seems off about it. I have no idea what.

I got it done at First Choice, by the first man I have ever seen working there. It threw me off for a bit, but soon enough I got used to it.

I'm usually of the opinion that male barbers are only allowed to work in barbershops that look like they've been there since the beginning of time, with the swirling pole and chairs older than my parents. Ideally everything should be dunked in that blue stuff, and he should only have maximum 2 pairs of scissors.

Although First Choice isn't old enough, the chairs are modern, and there's no swirling pole to be found, he had the last 2 points down pat. I think he was the only person I've ever seen actually use the stuff in the blue liquid, and he only had 2 pairs of scissors; one for cutting, the other for thinning. He had an old brush for cleaning off the neck, and not one of the new ones with the soft bristles. This one was rough.

He was obviously an old school barber working in a new age shop. No wonder they had him stuck at the station that you can't see from the door (there's a pillar in the way).

He messed up a little on the sideburns, but that's forgivable. when he was shortening them he shaved the place where they were meant to stop, but then forgot to shave the hair under that point. It was at the end of a long, gruelling haircut (I hadn't gotten one in at least 4 months, and I grow hair like you wouldn't believe), so I guess I can cut him some slack.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home