Tuesday, October 25, 2005

NaNoWriMo

I'm considering competing in National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) this November. The challenege is to write a 50000 word novel in a month. There's no prize besides the sense of accomplishment, and you get your own book out of the deal. That's tough to beat.

Well, it's actually really easy to beat, but that's beside the point.

The website has a whole bunch of reasons to participate, and they all sound pretty compelling. There's just one thing holding me back, and that's school. Novemeber is my busiest month so far, with all sorts of big assignments and presentations. I think if I do participate I'll fail just because of time constraints, not because I don't have the drive or the will to complete a book.

I won't know I lack either of those until I actually get around to trying to write a book, which is a reason why I want to participate. I'm curious to see if I can stick with something right til the end and maybe make something of it.

I still have a bit of time to decide, so until the deadline (which is comically late in November) I'll keep debating it.

2 Comments:

At 9:13 a.m., Blogger Unknown said...

how do they make sure you keep it only to a month, and not started earlier?

~D

 
At 6:48 p.m., Blogger Scotty said...

I guess it works on the honour system. I honestly don't know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home