Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Blankity blank

Just testing to see if the posting issue has been cleared up yet.

Thanks to Kirkey and Kevin for filling me in on the finer points of Firefox usage, and that middle clicking to open a page in a new tab is the most logical thing in the universe. Well, I'm unfairly exaggerating that, but it still makes no sense to me.

If there was an option to change the default behaviour, I wouldn't be so hung up on this, but there's nothing to set how you wantthe tabs to work for pages opened within the browser. I have it set up to open external links in a new tab, but I can't do the same for a page set to open in a new window.

I'm sick of talking about it, so I'lld rop the subject. If I do convert to Firefox it'll be a long, rough transaction that will likely leave me bitter and jaded (more so), so I'm not looking forward to doing anything.

Good news on the assignment front though. The big assignment I thought was due tomorrow is actuall due next week, so I get a few extra days to work on it. I got a ton of it done today, so everything's coming up Milhouse!

Edit: I hate everything. Lucky thing I thought to copy the post before I hit publish. Blogger hates Opera, I hate Firefox, and everybody hates Internet Explorer. What a world.

Edit 2: Why does Firefox scroll in such small incremements? I'm using the mouse wheel and it moves 1 line at a time. My finger's getting tired.

1 Comments:

At 9:40 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

As of Firefox 1.5, There's a tabs section in the preferences panel which contains all of the tab-related things you want. It's possible to control the scroll distance per wheel step, but I think you need an extension for it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home