Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Period of adjustment

I tried out the trimmer today. After the first use, I was a bit uneven, so I went back for a second attempt.

The directions say to set the head to how long you want the hair (from 5/8 to 1/8 of an inch), and to only go in the direction the hair grows. I tried that, and it left everything a bit too long and still a bit shaggy. Even at the shortest setting it looked too long, and I know it was cutting because there was hair everywhere.

So, on the second pass I tried going against the hair growth. Last time I got my hair cut the barber did that, so I figured it would be okay.

I think I cut it a bit short. It's still a full beard, but it's not much longer that fuzz. It's thicker than fuzz, thankfully, but I think I'll be glad when it grows in a bit more.

Home haircuts are not for the faint of heart.

1 Comments:

At 9:21 a.m., Blogger kgray said...

Scotty,

You've got to give your readers some eye candy. Let's see that beard!

kg

 

Post a Comment

<< Home